Parenting Talks and Courses for Schools and Nurseries
Are you a forward-thinking school or nursery, wanting to offer parenting workshops to your parents?
The benefits are huge:
- Your school or nursery will be seen as supporting parents, being proactive, nurturing the parent/school relationship, and helping parents learn new skills. Enhancing the good-will parents feel towards your school or nursery.
Not only that, but you can expect improvements in the pupils’ sleep, routines, behaviour and resilience. So, they arrive in the morning, ready to learn!
- Parents benefit as they practical tips and advice to tackle issues, at a friendly, non-judgemental, practical workshop.
The parents learn effective, tried-and-tested skills to transform difficult behaviour, so home life becomes more nurturing and enjoyable.
- Your pupils benefit as home life becomes less stressed, more loving and supportive. So, children are happier, calmer, and able to achieve their full potential.
Workshops can be held in the South of England, London, Surrey, Sussex or anywhere in the UK, and are usually 60 minutes long, with time in the final 10 to 15 minutes, for questions.
Elizabeth’s school workshops on parenting skills are becoming extremely popular and the feedback has been outstanding.
Elizabeth was the Keynote Speaker at the IAPS Pre-Prep Leadership conference in 2018, which someone from the school may have attended.
She’s also been the parenting expert interviewed on Sky News, BBC Breakfast, Radio 4 Women’s Hour, and many BBC radio stations.
Regarding the school talks, the most popular workshops requested are:
- Help your Child with Emotions and Build Resilience
- Raising an Independent, Self-reliant Child
- Managing Social Media and Screen time
One new workshop which is proving popular is:
Respect, consent, porn and staying safe – how parents can teach their son’s and daughters to:
- Say no and stay safe
- Understand consent
- Have respect and healthy attitudes towards girls
- Understand about porn, inappropriate images and sexting
- What to do if their child sees porn
- Recognise and challenge inappropriate behaviour – how to be a good bystander
However, Elizabeth can tailor make a talk specifically at your school if there’s something you’d like her to talk to parents about.
Workshops can be held in the mornings, after school or evenings.
Elizabeth would be really happy to come to the school to discuss what topics parents and teachers at your school would find most useful.
Workshops usually cost £400 (plus travel expenses.) However, for new schools, there is a 25% discount on talks booked before 15th February. Taking the cost down to £300.
Schools can offset this cost by charging parents £10 for the workshops, and it may even raise a bit of money for the school!
Training sessions can also be held for staff on inset days, or earlier in the evening when parent workshops are being offered, so staff learn effective skills for managing children, as well as the parents!
Elizabeth is knowledgeable, warm and non-judgemental. Workshops are fun, educational and full of practical advice.
5- and 10-week courses are also available to schools or nurseries within a 10 mile radius of Horsham, West Sussex UK.
Workshops or courses have been hosted in the following schools and nurseries:
- Handcross Park School, Handcross
- Our Lady of Sion, Worthing
- Windlesham School, Brighton
- Farleigh Prep School, Hampshire
- Farlington Prep School, Horsham
- Copthorne Preparatory School
- Bohunt School, Worthing
- St John’s RC Primary School, Horsham
- Southwater Infant School, Southwater
- Castlewood Primary School, Southwater
- Trafalgar Infant School, Horsham
- Greenway Primary School, Horsham
- Shelley School, Broadbridge Heath
- Warnham Primary School, Horsham
- St Mary’s C of E Primary School, Horsham
- Little Barn Owls Nursery, Horsham
- Dorking Nursery
- Bear and Bunny Nursery, Horley
Workshops & Courses
- Discover the Secrets Parenting Course
- Workshops for Staff
- Mini Workshops for Staff
- Workshops for Parents
- Mini Workshops for Parents
Contact Elizabeth today to discuss your requirementsContact Elizabeth